Pope Francis is undoubtedly the most quotable of Popes, the most down to earth. Here are a few of his sentences well worth thinking about:
1. THE GOSPEL IS GOOD NEWS – THERE IS NO TIME FOR MELANCHOLY CHRISTIANS WHOSE FACES HAVE MORE IN COMMON WITH PICKLED PEPPERS THAN JOY!
2. LIFE IS COMPLICATED; IT CONSISTS OF GRACE AND SIN. WHOEVER DOES NOT SIN IS NOT HUMAN. WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES AND WE NEED TO RECOGNISE OUR WEAKNESSES.
3. HOW GOOD IT FEELS TO COME BACK TO GOD WHENEVER WE ARE LOST! LET ME SAY THIS ONCE MORE: GOD NEVER TIRES OF FORGIVING US ; WE ARE THE ONES WHO TIRE OF SEEKING HIS MERCY.
4. THE EUCHARIST, ALTHOUGH IT IS THE FULNESS OF SACRAMENTAL LIFE, IS NOT A PRIZE FOR THE PERFECT BUT A POWERFUL MEDICINE AND NOURISHMENT FOR THE WEAK.
5. SOMETIMES WE ARE TEMPTED TO BE THAT KIND OF CHRISTIAN WHO KEEPS THE LORD’S WOUNDS AT ARMS LENGTH. YET JESUS WANTS US TO TOUCH HUMAN MISERY, TO TOUCH THE SUFFERING OF OTHERS.
Parent and Toddler Group
Volunteers are urgently required to enable us to reopen our Parent and Toddler group. We are looking for people (male or female of all ages) who have a couple of hours to spare on Thursday morning’s. We have the venue, we have the toddlers, we have the toys, and all we need is willing volunteers. Please come and give it a try. Please contact any of the priests or Marion in the Parish office before September 12th. Thank you.